OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS, OCKHAM’S RAZOR HAS DEVELOPED A REPUTATION FOR INVENTIVE AND TRANSFORMATIVE APPROACHES TO CREATING, DEVISING AND TEACHING.
The goal of our participation projects is to educate, inform and inspire a new generation of artists to explore their own creative voices.
We carefully devise projects for people of all ages and backgrounds, those with no prior experience to students and professionals. We specifically welcome participation from disabled people and injured performers who want to explore an alternative way of engaging in their art.
We strive to address the specific learning goals of each individual group, school and universities/vocational training facility that approaches us.
Each projects innovative content will be individually designed by our experienced team, ensuring that all who participate in our projects experience cutting edge, high quality practice. Our bespoke projects can can vary in length from a weeklong residency or weekly sessions over an extended period of time.
All our participation projects reflect the professional creative tools and processes that we use within our own devising process in the rehearsal room as we want to ensure that participants have a genuine experience of aerial theatre and gain an insight into the potential for the art form.
Our comprehensive portfolio of imaginative programmes includes:
- Chairing specific discussions
- Talks for professionals and emerging professionals
- Masterclasses for professionals and emerging professionals (eg: An insight into Ockham’s Razors unique devising process, creating Aerial theatre, creating new pieces of equipment)
- Post-show discussions/talks
- Undergraduate/Postgraduate lectures
- General open workshops (eg: introduction to aerial theatre, peek behind the scenes: Ockham’s Razors unique devising process)
- Work shadowing opportunities for further education students
- Touring workshops alongside our shows centered around Ockham's Razor's creation techniques to enable an insight into the work and to offer much needed subtle, knowledgeable aerial theatre training.
- Mentoring emerging and early career artists
Arts award: Ockham’s Razor is an Arts Award supporter.
Through Arts Award young people gain a nationally recognised qualification enabling them to progress into further education and employment. The scheme is designed to be flexibile, open to young people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds.
To find out more about Arts Awards Support with Ockham’s Razor, please contact us.
For more information on Arts Award, visit www.artsaward.org.uk
We're looking for a performer to tour in 2018
New show Tipping Point is now on tour.
Tipping Point won the Total Theatre & Jacksons Lane Award for Circus at Edinburgh Festival 2016.
Watch the promo film of our new show Tipping Point, currently on tour.