POSTION: Circus Sector Researcher
HOURS OF WORK: 48 hours work (roughly 6 days over April/May 2020)
SALARY: £1000 flat fee
Ockham's Razor are one of the UK's foremost contemporary circus companies. Alongside our work creating and touring circus, we are committed to the development and support of the UK circus sector. We are working with the group Circus Change Up - a grass roots sector development project around one of their Missions: Health and Well Being; with a focus on developing greater resources to support mental well being for circus performers.
We are looking for a circus freelancer to work alongside us and members of the Circus Change Up group in a short project to try and better understand current resources available in the sector and what is lacking, how widely resources are used and how we might better circulate these. We will require you to:
* Work alongside us to create and circulate a survey for the sector around existing use of resources and potential barriers to access.
* Research current mental health resources available for performing artists.
* Work with us to collate findings in an accessible resource pack.
* Work with us to disseminate this pack to the circus sector.
Applicants will need
* An understanding and experience of the UK circus sector.
* A strong ability to communicate
* Administrative and research skills.
* An understanding of how to create, disseminate and manage an online survey.
* An ability to collate findings into resource pack .
* Ability to work independently.
* Act within the project’s stated values.
* Represent the project in a positive, friendly and professional manner.
* Maintain a confidential, sensitive and discrete approach to personal, sensitive and organisational information, ensuring compliance with data protection legislation.
* Contribute to a culture of equality and demonstrate a commitment to removing all forms of discrimination as a colleague and member of the team.
Initially the commitment for this role will be 6 days work over April / May 2020 with a flat fee of £1000.
This role has the potential to extend with further opportunities subject to future funding.
How to Apply
Please make sure to also complete our Equal Opportunities Form.
Closing Date Friday 2nd April